Risk Management Online Short Course
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating an understanding of business processes and potential risks to a unit.
- Identifying potential risks and assessing the impact thereof in a unit.
- Developing contingency plans for managing risk.
- Testing and revising contingency plans.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Demonstrate an understanding of potential risks to a unit.
- The concept of risk is explained with reference to accepted theory and practice.
- The factors that could constitute risks to a unit are identified and explained.
- The role of organisational policies and procedures are explained in relation to risk management.
- Identify potential risks and assess the impact thereof in a unit.
- Potential risk factors for critical processes in a unit are identified and documented.
- Possible scenarios that could constitute a risk are identified and documented.
- The possibility of each scenario occurring is evaluated and recorded for future use.
- An analysis is performed and documented to rate the impact of each scenario on a unit.
- Priorities resulting from the impact analysis are determined and documented for implementation in the event of the risk materialising.
- Develop contingency plans for managing risk.
- Contingency plans are developed and documented in accordance with the entity’s policies and procedures.
- Contingency plans are communicated to relevant stakeholders in accordance with the entity’s risk management procedures.
- Contingency plans are distributed and stored in accordance with the entity’s risk management procedures.
- Test and revise contingency plans.
- Contingency plans are tested in accordance with the entity’s risk management procedures.
- Recommendations on improvements to the contingency plans are documented in relation to the findings of the testing.
- Contingency plans are revised to incorporate recommendations from the testing in accordance with the entity’s policies and procedures.
Course delivery and Requirements
This course can be started at any time and is self paced and completely online , You will need an Internet connection and a PC or Laptop to complete this course
BUY THIS COURSE