Maritime Geography Course – Online Short Course
This Course covers Inland Ports, Main Ports, Transshipment ports,Cargo Routing, Far east to Africa, Europe to RSA and Africa, South America and Islands, The Panama and Suez canal Routing, Piracy Areas, Malaysia and Middle East. The influence of 18000+ TEU vessels on Ports, Ports to avoid, Ports geared for certain commodities and their capacities and much more..
- The importance of ability to read maps in explained in the context of freight forwarding.
- Various types of map are analysed in order to identify key geographic features.
- The difference between expenditure and revenue are explained as they apply to freight forwarding. Localities of points on the earth`s surface are explained by means of latitude and longitude.
- Distances are calculated using the scale of a map.
- Approximate heights of points on the earth`s surface are determined using maps.
LOCATE MAJOR GEOGRAPHICAL POINTS.
- The major continents of geographical locations are identified on a world map.
- The major oceans, seas and waterways are located on a world map.
- Geographical locations of major ports are identified on a world map
- Geographical locations of major airports are identified on a world map.
EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF GEOGRAPHICAL ASPECTS ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE.
- The importance of socio-political structures is explained in the context of effective communication between trading partners.
- The need for the understanding of and sensitivity to different religious, cultural and value systems is explained in the context of handling diversity in international trade.
- The effects of climatic conditions on cargo flows and constraints on international transport are explained in the context of international trade.
- The importance of identifying the different currencies used in international transactions is explained in the context of freight forwarding operations.
EXPLAIN TRADE ROUTES.
- South Africa`s major trade routes are identified on a map.
- The ways in which trade routes change are explained with examples of varying trade alliances and commodity fluctuations.
- South Africa`s major trading partners are identified in terms of the trade agreements and groupings which have been established.
- A list is made of the top 15 major export and import commodities from and to South Africa by sea for the purpose of illustrating South Africa`s trading activities.
Assessment is against unit standard (252417) in order to obtain 5 credits toward the National Certificate in Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance NQF3
BUY THIS COURSE