How to Export Online Short Course
Learn How to Export, Online Short Course
Understanding your risk when exporting is crucial for good Planning. Once you export a product or service it is difficult to have direct control over the shipment once the product has left your country, Will you get paid? When will you be paid? What happens if the buyer rejects the goods once it arrives in the destination country? Will there be a problem on the border and the cargo detained by customs and who will pay for that.
This online Short Course Covers the Fundamentals that exporters need to mitigate risk, Calculate their costing for profit, The instruments that can be used to mitigate risk, as well as the correct procedures and documentary requirements needed for s successful transaction.
Topics Covered in this Course:
International Trade: Module 1
- Differences between local and international trade.
- Typical trade regulations.
- Tariff and non-tariff barriers.
- International bodies involved in determining international regulation.
- The trade cycles.
- Role players in the international trade cycle.
- Functions of the various parties including customs authorities, trade authorities, freight forwarders, clearing agent, ports, carriers, verification agencies, banks, insurance companies and the Reserve Bank.
- Modes of transport and forms of shipment.
- Protection and packing of cargo.
- Shipping services.
- Container transportation.
- Containers for sea freight, ULD’s for Airfreight
- Freight cost elements.
- Methods of payment.
ICC Incoterms ® 2020 Rules: Module 2
- What are Incoterms?
- History of Incoterms
- Purpose of Incoterms
- Structure of Incoterms
- Key changes in Incoterms 2020
- EXW – Ex Works
- FCA – Free Carrier
- FAS – Free Alongside Ship
- FOB – Free on Board
- CFR – Cost and Freight
- CIF – Cost, Insurance and Freight
- CPT – Carriage Paid To
- CIP – Carriage and Insurance Paid to
- DAP – Delivered at Place
- DPU – Delivered Place Unpacked
- DDP – Delivered Duty Paid
- Factors to consider when choosing an Incoterm
- How to select the right Incoterm for your transaction
- Avoiding common mistakes when using Incoterms
- Make recommendations
Planning an Export Sales Transaction: Module 3
- The commercial Invoice
- The Pro Forma
- Insurance methods and techniques.
- Foreign exchange information.
- Types of administrative and documentary requirements for export transactions.
- Types of shipment methods which can be used to export goods.
- Landed Costing Calculations
- Sources and types of tariffs to be used for exported cargo.
- Methods and techniques for obtaining statutory approval for exported goods.
- Sources of insurance and forward cover for export transactions.
International Trade Documentation: Module 4
- Location of legislation used to protect a country’s trade.
- Methods and techniques for applying legislation in international trade.
- Dangerous goods legislation for surface and airfreight of internationally traded goods.
- An overview of dangerous species moving across international borders.
- Types and sources of documentation required for internationally traded goods.
- Document flow
- Shipping instructions
- Clearing instructions
- Variable Costs
- Regulatory Documents Import
- Regulatory Documents Export
- The pro Forma
- The commercial Invoice
- The Bill of Lading
- The Airway bill
- Role Players their Functions and Documents generated
- Export Permits
- Import permits
- Letters of Credit
Roughly 4 weeks working part time, this course is self paced, there are no fixed times to be online.
The Learn how to Export, online short course is delivered through the School of Shipping Online Learning website. A Subject Matter Expert will provide you with academic support through the learning website. A Course Coordinator will also be available on email/telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
Each module has a formative and summative assessment which you will need to achieve a mark of 60% or higher.
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Maths literacy and English or working experience
- A keen desire to learn and advance your career
BUY THIS COURSE