Incoterms® Online Course
Incoterms® Online Course
Try a Sample course by clicking here , Scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Guest login
Importing and exporting without knowing your incoterms can be very costly, This Incoterms online course is essential for any freight forwarder, importer and exporter and people that work in Trade Finance, most people are unaware of the impact of incoterms on Calculating Customs Values and the duties payable, If you have not yet been trained on incoterms, now is the time, If you think it is not important because you always use the same incoterms for your transaction then it could be for someone else’s financial gain.
Incoterms online Course Objectives
- Understand the purpose of Incoterms 2020 and how they are used in international trade.
- Identify the different Incoterms 2020 rules and their key differences.
- Determine the appropriate Incoterms 2020 rule for a specific transaction.
- Understand the responsibilities of the seller and buyer under each Incoterms 2020 rule.
- Avoid common mistakes when using Incoterms 2020.
Incoterms online Course Content
- What are Incoterms?
- History of Incoterms
- Purpose of Incoterms
- Structure of Incoterms
- Key changes in Incoterms 2020
- EXW – Ex Works
- FCA – Free Carrier
- FAS – Free Alongside Ship
- FOB – Free on Board
- CFR – Cost and Freight
- CIF – Cost, Insurance and Freight
- CPT – Carriage Paid To
- CIP – Carriage and Insurance Paid to
- DAP – Delivered at Place
- DPU – Delivered Place Unpacked
- DDP – Delivered Duty Paid
- Factors to consider when choosing an Incoterm
- How to select the right Incoterm for your transaction
- Avoiding common mistakes when using Incoterms
- Make recommendations
This Incoterms online course is self-paced. You may begin at any time and should take approximately 2 weeks to complete on a part time basis.
This course contributes a total of 3 credits towards the National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance, SAQA Qualification ID: 59365 and is Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) accredited.
The Incoterms online course is delivered through the School of Shipping Online Learning website. A Subject Matter Expert will provide you with academic support through the learning website. A Course Coordinator will also be available on email/telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
Each module has a formative and summative assessment which you will need to achieve a mark of 60% or higher for to receive the certification.
In order to do this course you will require:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- A keen desire to learn and advance your career