Calculate cost of airfreighting goods Online short Course
The person credited with this unit standard is able to identify and apply cost elements to airfreight and routing requirements. The learner will also be able to ensure the airfreight costing is verified before final application and then to submit the costing to the affected parties.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining the concept “airfreight costing”.
- Applying different airfreight tariffs.
- Verifying and communicating airfreight costing.
Learners accessing this qualification will be assumed competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Explain the concepts airfreight costing.
- The cost elements used in compiling airfreight charges are identified in order to carry out airfreight costing.
- Cost elements include but are not limited to airfreight costs, ground handling costs, storage costs, insurance costs, ancillary costs, rates of exchange, statutory charges and revenue items.
- The application of the cost elements used in airfreight costings is explained with examples.
- Includes application of break points, Unit Load Devices (ULD) rates, straight shipment (The Air Carriers Tariff (TACT)) rates, transhipment rates, consolidated rates.
- The consequences of failing to identify all elements in an airfreight costing and apply them correctly are explained in terms of their impact on the forwarding company.
- Apply different airfreight tariffs.
- Airfreight cargo characteristics and routing requirements are applied in identifying the elements to be used in airfreight costing.
- Cost elements applicable to client requirements are applied in calculating the applicable airfreight charges.
- The consequences of producing inaccurate costings are explained in terms of their impact on the forwarding company.
- Verify and communicate airfreight costing.
- The importance of having airfreight costings checked is explained in terms of customer service levels and organisational procedures.
- Costing is submitted for verification in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Costing is conveyed to affected parties in order for action to be taken.
This course can be started at anytime and is self paced and Online
A PC or Laptop
BUY THIS COURSE