International Purchasing Online Short course
The person credited with this unit standard is able to provide a function that includes international buying and therefore carry out tasks within the international purchasing function. The learner will also be able to place purchase orders, ensure performance criteria are met and process a notice in the event of loss, damage or discrepancy of cargo.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Arranging a purchase order with an appointed supplier on receipt of requisitions.
- Following up and expedite international purchase orders.
- Initiating claims procedures in respect of goods that are received lost, damaged or discrepant.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Arrange a purchase order with an appointed supplier on receipt of requisitions.
- Procedures for purchasing internationally sourced goods are described in terms of legislation and organisational policy and procedures.
- International purchasing requisitions are checked for compliance with relevant purchase contracts and compliance with international trade laws and regulations.
- Authorisation for completed purchase orders is obtained in terms of procedures.
- International purchase orders are placed with suppliers for implementation.
- International purchase orders are distributed to relevant parties for implementation.
- Relevant parties are supplier, bank, forwarder, internal parties such as finance.
- Follow up and expedite international purchase orders.
- Deadlines are set for critical points in the international purchase order supply chain.
- International purchase order progress is monitored against critical point deadlines.
- Non-performance against critical point deadlines is reported in terms of organisational policies and procedures.
- The progress of international orders is communicated to authorised parties.
- Initiate claims procedures in respect of goods that are received lost, damaged or discrepant.
- Procedures are carried out for receipt of internationally purchased goods and noting of loss, damage and discrepancy.
- Notice is sent to all parties of loss and damage to or discrepancy in cargo.
- Receipt of notice of damaged cargo received from all parties and is confirmed and noted in accordance with organisational policy and procedures.
- Damaged cargo is inspected is done and noted, photographs taken and filed for future reference.
Course delivery and Requirements
This course can be started at any time and is self paced and completely online , You will need an Internet connection and a PC or Laptop to complete this course
BUY THIS COURSE