General Business – Online Short Course
Analyse a business and determine the way it functions
- Typical departments in a business.
- Ways that the departments depend on each other.
- Different types of organisations and distinguish them from each other.
- The reasons why organisations are changing their structures.
- Listing the actual departments in a selected business.
- The difference between the actual departments and typical departments.
- How inter-departmental effectiveness can be improved.
- The relationship between oneself and others in the immediate environment.
The legal environment of a selected industry
- The statutory elements in the structure of an organisation in a selected business sector.
- The structure of an organisation within their own business sector .
- Regulation within your own business sector.
- Being able to Identify legislation that applies to their own business sector
- Describing the code of conduct and ethical issues.
- Adhering to a code of conduct applicable to their sector.
- Identifying and understanding the ethical issues in the organisation.
Provide Customer Service
- Present a positive image to customers.
- Respond to customers in an appropriate manner under varying circumstances.
- Provide additional information and promote products and services.
Identify causes of stress & techniques to manage it in the workplace
- Stress and its role in daily living.
- The different ways in which people react to stress.
- Identifying stressors in the workplace and their relationship to work performance.
- Identifying stressors related to home and the greater environment.
- Investigating techniques to manage stress in the workplace.
Price and Duration
The price of this course is R3500 Incl. VAT and you may begin at anytime and should take approximately 10 weeks to complete on a part time basis.
This course forms part of the National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance, Unit Standard ID 59365 as a Core component and contributes a total of 14 credits. TETA accredited and registered with SAQA.
The course is delivered through the School of Shipping Learning website and allows you to study at your own pace. You may begin and register any time. A Subject Matter Expert and will provide you with academic support through the learning website and a Course Coordinator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
You are not required to write any exams, assessments are completed online. You will need to achieve a mark of at least 60% for each assessment to receive the certification. Should you not gain competency on your first attempt one more resubmission will be allowed at no additional cost.
The only entry requirement for this course is a desire to learn and advance your career. In order to do this course, you will need:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Read and write in the English language
BUY THIS COURSE