Online Short Course – Calculate Customs Values Duties and Vat
Learn how to use information contained in source documents to calculate an accurate value for customs purposes, as defined in the customs Act and calculate the duties payable and VAT. in terms of the formulae and principles contained in the harmonised tariff book.
What will you Learn ?
- Identify the point of valuation, currency and correct rates of exchange.
- The principles of factorisation are explained with examples.
- The formulae for added tax value and ad Valorem to establish relative value
- Calculate the value for customs purposes as defined in the customs act.
- Calculate and convert multi lined values to South African Rand.
- Calculate added tax value and value for ad valorem purposes (schedule 1 part 2b of the Customs Act).
- Identify and explain the different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff.
- Calculating the duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
- Calculating the duty in terms of schedule two.
- Calculating the rebates in schedule three and four.
Price and Duration
The price of this course is R3000 Incl. VAT and you may begin at anytime and should take approximately 8 weeks to complete on a part time basis.
This course forms part of the National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance, Unit Standard ID 59365 as an Elective component and contributes a total of 12 credits. TETA accredited and registered with SAQA and utilises Unit Standards 252414 & 252421
The Calculate Customs Values Duties and VAT course is delivered through the School of Shipping Learning website and allows you to study at your own pace. You may begin and register any time. A Subject Matter Expert and will provide you with academic support through the learning website and a Course Coordinator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
You are not required to write any exams, assessments are completed online. You will need to achieve a mark of at least 60% for each assessment to receive the certification. Should you not gain competency on your first attempt one more resubmission will be allowed at no additional cost.
The only entry requirement for this course is a desire to learn and advance your career. In order to do this course, you will need:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Read and write in the English language