Insurance , Law of Contract Online short course
This Unit Standard is intended for learners in insurance and those who manage asset risk in insurance and other organisations.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining the law of contract as applied in insurance.
- Explaining the application of legal capacity in an insurance contract.
- Interpreting the basic principles required for an insurance contract to be legally binding.
- Evaluating a proposed insurance contract.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Explain the law of contract as applied in insurance.
- The concept of the law of contract is explained with reference to its essential elements and how an insurance contract is bound by the law of contract.
- Evidence that is required for an insurance contract to be legally binding is named for short term and/or Long-Term insurance.
- The parties to a contract are named for a selected sub sector.
- Explain the application of legal capacity in an insurance contract.
- The concept of legal capacity is explained with examples of how it is applied in insurance.
- The difference between legal capacity in a contract and legal capacity in an insurance contract is explained with examples.
- Three examples of case law are analysed and discussed in terms of the precedents set.
- Interpret the basic principles required for an insurance contract to be legally binding.
- The basic principles of an insurance contract are explained with examples.
- Conditions under which a contract is not legally binding are explained with examples.
- Evaluate a proposed insurance contract.
- A proposal is analysed in terms of risk and the law of contract as applied to insurance.
- Business rules that are applied in addition to legal requirements are identified for a specific insurer and an indication is given of why the organisation applies the requirement(s).
Course delivery and Requirements
This course can be started at any time and is self paced and completely online , You will need an Internet connection and a PC or Laptop to complete this course
BUY THIS COURSE