Supply Chain Management (Operations) Level 5 – SAQA ID 74149
Credits 152 (Operations Elective)
- School of Shipping is an accredited Service Provider with the TETA – Please call us for a copy of our TETA registration
- School of Shipping is registered with the Department of Higher Education – Please call us for a copy of our DHET certificate
Learners who successfully complete this Qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a supply chain management environment within an organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the influence of performance and risk within a supply chain management environment.
- Contribute to the development of a supply chain strategy and operational plans for the organisation.
- Execute a supply chain strategy for the organisation.
The contents of some of the unit standards are such that learners will be required to demonstrate competence through the practical application of a variety of techniques in a real or simulated work environment.
- Learning assumed to be in place:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy and the ability to use databases and spreadsheets at NQF Level 3.
- 12 Months
- eLearning with a Subject Matter Expert online tutor
- A National Certificate in Supply Chain Management will be issued after moderation by the required body – TETA.
A School of Shipping CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION, together with a Statement of results of the KNOWLEDGE COMPONENT ONLY will be issued after this course, should you wish to achieve the credits on the NRLD and receive a TETA accredited National Certificate Freight Handling Level 3, a logbook needs to completed after each unit standard with a practical component of approx. 30-40 hours per unit standard, and will only be issued after moderation by the required body – TETA. You would be required to be already working in the industry or related industry or shadowing in the industry to achieve the practical component.
Would you like to register for this course?
Anyone of these unit standards may also be selected to complete as a single freestanding course.
Go to our Online Courses page to make your selection.