Customs Sufficient Knowledge (CSK) – Online Short Course
This CSK registered skills program will prepare you for the CSK SARS test that will be implemented with the promulgation of the Customs Control Act and The customs duty Act of 2014, under the new legislation all role players in the supply chain should have Sufficient Customs knowledge.
TETA endorsed e-certificate issued.
What will you Learn?
Module 1– *Customs Legislation 2014: US 252416
- The rationale and scope of the current Customs and Excise Act.
- Explain the functions, responsibilities and powers of the Departments involved in Customs and Excise Customs and the DTI
- Explain the key elements of the current current Customs and Excise Act.
- Explain the consequences of non-compliance.
Module 2– Tariff Classification: US 252434
- Learn to Classify Commodities logically according to the Harmonised System.
Module 3 & 4– *Calculate Duties and VAT and Valuation: US 252414 & 252421
- Covering the different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff. Currency, Rates of Exchange, point of Valuation. Calculate Value. Calculate and Covert Multi Lined Values. Calculate VAT and Ad Valorem Value
- Calculate the duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
- Calculate the duty in terms of schedule two.
- Calculate the rebates in schedule three and four
Module 5 – *Complete the Customs declaration SAD 500 US 252425
- Provisions of Prohibited goods, Transpose clearing information on the SAD 500Prepare and submit port/airport carrier documentation.
Module 6 – * Certify certificates of origin and other commercial documents US 252248
- Explain the reasons for the certification of Certificates of Origin and other documentary evidence of origin;
- Scrutinise source documentation (supporting documentation);
- Complete and certify certificates of origin and other documentary evidence of origin in conformity with the regulations, processes and procedures of
- Customs and competent authorities or bodies empowered to issue or certify documentary evidence of origin;
- Create and maintain records in conformity with the minimum requirements of Customs and competent authorities or bodies empowered to issue or certify documentary evidence of origin; and
- Deal with queries relating to the certification of Certificates of Origin and other documentary evidence of origin.
Module 7 – * Accredit customs clearing clients US 252268
- After studying this learning programme, you should be able to understand the criteria required for accreditation as well as the quality management system. You should also be able to analyse the audit report and address any problem areas. You should also be able to monitor the accreditation criteria and ensure the clearing clients meet these accreditation criteria at all times.
BUY THIS COURSE