Cargo Insurance – Online Short Course
1: Comply with procedures in respect of lost, discrepant and damaged cargo
Unit Standard: 252419 Credits: 3
- Initiating action in the event of loss or damage to cargo within carrier's time bar limitations.
- Endorsing documentation for the purpose of preserving rights of claim.
- Communicating with affected parties.
- Initiating and finalising claim action.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
2: Insurance for the transportation of a consignment of goods
Unit Standard: 120020 Credits: 3
- The transportation risk in a selected consignment of goods.
- Different types of packaging and the associated risk.
- Analysing a transportation policy document and producing related documentation.
- Why insurance on a consignment may be restricted in certain areas.
3: The law of contract for insurance
Unit Standard: 120128 Credits: 3
- Law of contract as applied in insurance.
- The application of legal capacity in an insurance contract.
- The basic principles required for an insurance contract to be legally binding.
- Evaluating a proposed insurance contract.
4: Insurance of goods in transit
Unit Standard: 252243 Credits: 6
- Determining the transit risks and advising accordingly.
- Arranging appropriate transit insurance for international cargo.
- Administering transit insurance on behalf of cargo owner.
- Administering insurance claims procedures.
5: The scope of transportation insurance
Unit Standard: 120013 Credits: 3
- The impact of different types of transport on transportation risk.
- The perils in transportation insurance.
- The inherent qualities of cargo and the associated risks.
- Transportation cover.
6: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of transportation insurance
Unit Standard: 120009 Credits: 3
- The basics of transportation insurance.
- The different products that a transportation insurance company offers.
- The role of transportation insurance in international trade.
- Identifying events in the news that could impact on goods that are in transit.
7: The basics of marine insurance
Unit Standard: 117655 Credits: 8
- The basics of Marine Insurance.
- The practice of marine insurance.
- The basics of Insurance Claims.
Total Credits = 29
This course forms part of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance , Unit Standard ID 59298 as an Elective component and contributes a total of 29 credits.
TETA accredited and registered with SAQA.
The course is delivered through the School of Shipping Learning website and allows you to study at your own pace. You may begin and register any time. A Subject Matter Expert and will provide you with academic support through the learning website and a Course Coordinator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with administrative support.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD OF THE CERTIFICATE
You are not required to write any exams, assessments are completed online. You will need to achieve a mark of at least 60% for each assessment to receive the certification. Should you not gain competency on your first attempt one more resubmission will be allowed at no additional cost.
The only entry requirement for this course is a desire to learn and advance your career.
In order to do this course, you will need:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Read and write in the English language
BUY THIS COURSE