Bills of Entry and Carrier Release Documentation – Online Short Course
See if you know it all and take this Quiz, by clicking here
**By completing this quiz and submitting your email for your results your details will be recorded on our database
This course will provide the learner with an overview of Customs Procedures and an in-depth understanding and correct completion bills of entry and carrier release documentation
What will you Learn ?
- The functions of source documents in the Customs SAD clearance process.
- Bills of Entry.
- Commodity description literature.
- Importer’s indent/ purchase order.
- Importer’s clearing instruction.
- Covering Statement.
- Transport documents.
- Commercial invoices.
- Packing lists
- Government required certificates
- Permits and authorities
- Certificates of origin
- Basic structure and functions of Customs and Excise Department, including communications with the Department.
- Overview of the structure of the Customs Act, including the Rules and Schedules.
- Overview of the provisions of the Customs Act and Rules regarding
- The powers of officers
- Storage, Rebate, Drawback and State Warehouse
- Removals in Bond and in Transit
- The penal provisions of the Customs Act.
- Role of the clearing agent with regards to Customs Clearance and liabilities under the Customs Act and rules.
Price and Duration
The price of this course is R2000 Incl. VAT and you may commence this course anytime. This course should take approximately 8 weeks to complete on a part time basis.
This course forms part of the National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance, Unit Standard ID 252425 as an Elective Unit Standard component and contributes a total of 8 credits.
The Calculate Customs Values Duties and VAT course is delivered through the School of Shipping Learning website and allows you to study at your own pace. You may begin and register any time. A Subject Matter Expert and will provide you with academic support through the learning website and a Course Coordinator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
You are not required to write any exams, assessments are completed online. You will need to achieve a mark of at least 60% for each assessment to receive the certification. Should you not gain competency on your first attempt one more resubmission will be allowed at no additional cost.
The only entry requirement for this course is a desire to learn and advance your career. In order to do this course, you will need:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Read and write in the English language
BUY THIS COURSE