Airfreight Online – Online Short Course
Airfreight shipments for export
- Receiving airfreight shipments for export.
- Matching airfreight equipment to cargo requirements.
- Preparing airfreight documentation.
- Dispatch airfreight cargo.
Security in the Airfreight environment
- The threat to cargo security in civil aviation.
- The roles of the state and other security organisations in airfreight.
- The cargo security requirements of aircraft operators.
- the functions of access control and cargo screening.
Airfreight clearance and delivery
- Tracking and tracing airfreight imports.
- Initiating and monitoring the flow of documentation.
- Controlling airfreight import procedures.
Calculate cost of airfreighting goods
- The concepts airfreight costing..
- The different airfreight tariffs.
- Verifying and communicating airfreight costs.
The distribution of small to medium sized consignments door-to-door
- Establishing appropriate routing for a consignment.
- Selecting and completing correct documentation for consignments.
- Labelling consolidation of a consignment.
- Lodging courier material with third party carriers and agents.
Identify, pack, mark and label dangerous goods for transportation by air
- Identifying dangerous goods for transportation by air.
- Identifying and applying packaging requirements for the transportation of dangerous goods by air.
- Identifying and applying the marking and labelling of dangerous goods for transportation by air.
Accept and process dangerous goods for transportation by air
- The philosophy underpinning the carriage of dangerous goods by air.
- The limitations associated with the carriage of dangerous goods by air.
- The classification of dangerous goods when accepting and processing dangerous goods for transportation by air.
- Compiling and verifying documentation.
Price and Duration
The price of this course is R6,500 Incl. VAT and you may begin at anytime and should take approximately 14 weeks to complete on a part time basis.
This course forms part of the National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance, Unit Standard ID 59365 as an Elective component and contributes a total of 36 credits. TETA accredited and registered with SAQA.
The course is delivered through the School of Shipping Learning website and allows you to study at your own pace. You may begin and register any time. A Subject Matter Expert and will provide you with academic support through the learning website and a Course Coordinator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with administrative support.
Assessment and Award of the Certificate
You are not required to write any exams, assessments are completed online. You will need to achieve a mark of at least 60% for each assessment to receive the certification. Should you not gain competency on your first attempt one more resubmission will be allowed at no additional cost.
The only entry requirement for this course is a desire to learn and advance your career. In order to do this course, you will need:
- An email account
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Be able to open and read PDF documents
- Read and write in the English language
BUY THIS COURSE