In Company – Understanding Import Transactions Workshop
This fundamental workshop will teach you how to determine material needs and analyse overseas supply contracts in order to recommend alternative methods of shipment to the client, determine tariffs and costing estimates for clients and to submit applications regarding import control to the relevant parties, compile import orders and distribute these timeously to all the role-players, communicate foreign exchange commitments to affected parties and obtain approval for forward cover where required, effect the relevant transit insurance and compile and submit relative letters of credit.
- Delivered over 1 Day from 08h30 – 15h30 by a Subject Matter expert
- Including beverages and Lunch.
- TETA endorsed e-Certificate issued
What will you Learn in this Import training Course?
- Planning an import transaction.
- Analyse overseas supply contracts
- Recommending alternative methods of shipment
- Calculate an import landed costing (basics)
- Use transaction parameters and tariffs to calculate costing estimates
- Submission of applications for import controls
- Monitoring applications
- Prepare an import order
- Communication procedures
- The Communication parties explained, supplier, forwarder, clearing agent, bank and insurer
- Arranging transit insurance
- Processing Import insurance claims
- Arranging import Forward exchange cover
- Statutory Bodies explained, Customs, health, veterinary, security, nature conservation, safety, quality and import and export control.
- Apply for a Documentary Credit (L/C)
- Payment initiation Procedure
- International Payment methods explained
Recommended Learning Path
- International Trade Workshop
- Incoterms® 2020 Rules Workshop
- Planning an Export Sales transaction Workshop
- Customs Legislation workshop
- Valuation, Calculating Duties & VAT. Workshop
- Bond and Rebate Store Workshop
- Tariff Classification Workshop
- SAD 500 Workshop
Potential Career Path
- Freight Clerk
- Sole Agent
- Free Agent
- Data clerk
Assessments are not included in Workshops, if you wish to be assessed on this unit standard (252432) in order to obtain 6 credits toward the National Certificate in Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance NQF3, there is an additional charge of R650 Including VAT.
Fees may be claimed from TETA against your Skills Levies paid. Talk to your HR/SDF for more info on how to claim.
BUY THIS COURSE
Please contact us for pricing for in company training.
Need more information?
Please fill in your details below to submit a course enquiry. Please tick yes if we should give you a call.