In Company – Understanding Container Shipping in a Global Environment
Is this Course For You ?
If you work in the shipping industry and move cargo in containers, whether your own cargo or a 3rd party’s cargo, this course will empower you to confidently understand the global container management world – the big picture as wells as the nuts and bolts of container operations and container management.
What will you Learn ?
- Introduction To Global Container Management
- The Container
- Cargo Contract and Bills of Lading
- Cargo Control
- Cargo and Container Tracking
- Cargo Demurrage
- Container Depots
- Container Terminals
- Cartage Instructions
- Manifest requirements
- Freight Desk import Procedures
- Freight Desk Export Procedures
- Combi & Cellular Ships
- Global Vessel Operations
- Planning and Working The Container Ship
- Fleet and turn Around Times
- Calculate the volume of cargo for import and export.
- Pack cargo for import and export purposes.
- Identify modes of transportation.
- Mark cargo for import and export purposes.
- Store cargo for import and exportation purposes.
- Deliver cargo for import and export purposes
SOLAS Container weight verification
Potential Career Path:
- Freight Forwarding Agent
- Customs Clearing Agent
- Freight Clerk
- Sole Agent
- Free Agent
Container Management Course
- Once this Container Shipping course has been completed, the attendee will be able to handle cargo for import and export purposes. identify cargo by means of packaging, marking, transport, storage and delivery of cargo.
- Duration: 2 days from 08h30 – 15h30
- Including beverages and Lunch.
BUY THIS COURSE
Please contact us for pricing for in company training.
Need more information?
Please fill in your details below to submit a course enquiry. Please tick yes if we should give you a call.