ONLINE VIA THE ELEARNING PLATFORM (NO MINIMUM NO. REQUIRED) OR IN HOUSE AT YOUR COMPANY PREMISES WITH A MINIMUM OF FIVE DELEGATES – SEPERATE QUOTE WILL BE ISSUED FOR IN HOUSE TRAINING – IMDG Code 2020 Function Specific Training
Delivered Virtually online over two days as a Refresher (this is a mandatory two-year renewal) OR over three days if this course has never been completed before. – Amendment 40.20 effective 01 January 2022
Please note: This course may be offered as an in-house option at your company if you have six or more delegates attending on the same day.
With the IMO Marine Notice No.28 of 2009, IMDG Code training became mandatory for all Shore Based Personnel that come into contact or move dangerous goods, including personnel handling classification and documentation.
Without a proper knowledge of chemicals and material hazards, the import and export of cargo becomes risky and lethally dangerous. It is of utmost importance that Freight Forwarder/ Consignors, Ships operators , Ships Loaders, Cargo Packers, Cargo Handlers, Compliancy officers receive a function Specific Training, All other shore based personal without direct contact to DG require the Mandatory general Awareness Training. This Training covers Amendments 40-20
REQUIREMENT: Laptop or PC with a WEBCAM and a Microphone
Function Specific Training including the Mandatory General Awareness Training
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of the IMDG Code general provisions
- In-depth training on dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- In-depth training on packing requirements
- In-depth training on package marking and labelling requirements
- In-depth training on CTU marking and placarding requirements
- In-depth training on documentation requirements and completion requirements
- In-depth training on stowage requirements
- In-depth training on segregation requirements within a CTU
- In-depth training on the segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- In-depth training on the requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on the use of CTUs
- Training on incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- Training on the International Convention for Safe Containers
- Training on dangerous goods in port areas
Is this Course For You ?
This IMDG Code Training is a great choice for you if you:
- Pack dangerous goods
- Mark, labels or placards goods
- Load/unload Cargo Transport Units
- Prepare transport documents for dangerous goods
- Offer dangerous goods for transport
- Accept dangerous goods for transport
- Handle dangerous goods in transport
- Prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage
- Plan Loads/unloads dangerous goods into/from ships
- Carry dangerous goods in transport
- Enforce or survey or inspect for compliance with applicable rules and regulations
Potential Career Path:
- Freight Forwarding Agent
- Customs Clearing Agent
- Forwarding Clerk
- Sole Agent
- Free Agent
- Cargo Handler
- Cargo Packer
- Customs official
Below is a summary of the 40-20 Amendments
IMDG Code, 2020 Edition – (Incorporating Amendment 40-20)
The Code has undergone many changes over the years, in both format and content, in order to keep up with the rapid expansion of the shipping industry.
Amendment 40-20 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at its 102nd session in November 2020.
Amendment 40-20 of the Code is mandatory as from 1 January 2022 but may be applied by Administrations in whole or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2021.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Code) contains sections on:
- general provisions, definitions and training
- packing and tank provisions
- consignment procedures
- construction and testing of packagings, IBCs, large packagings, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
- transport operations
Volume 2 contains part 3 (Dangerous Goods List, special provisions and exceptions), appendices A and B (generic and N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names, and glossary of terms) and an index.
BUY THIS COURSE
Please contact us for pricing for in company training.
Need more information?
Please fill in your details below to submit a course enquiry. Please tick yes if we should give you a call.