Classroom Training – IMDG Code 2019 Function Specific
IMDG – International Maritime Dangerous Goods – with a Classroom test
Please note: Delegates are required to do the Refresher every two years, we require proof of previous certification to reserve your seat at a reduced price
With the SAMSA Marine Notice No.28 of 2009, IMDG Code training became mandatory for all Shore Based Personnel that come into contact or move dangerous goods, including personnel handling classification and documentation.
Without a proper knowledge of chemicals and material hazards, the import and export of cargo becomes risky and lethally dangerous. It is of utmost importance that Freight Forwarder/ Consignors, Ships operators , Ships Loaders, Cargo Packers, Cargo Handlers, Compliancy officers receive a function Specific Training, All other shore based personal without direct contact to DG require the Mandatory general Awareness Training. This Training covers Amendments 39-18
Function Specific Training including the Mandatory General Awareness (SAMSA) Training
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of the IMDG Code general provisions
- In-depth training on dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- In-depth training on packing requirements
- In-depth training on package marking and labelling requirements
- In-depth training on CTU marking and placarding requirements
- In-depth training on documentation requirements and completion requirements
- In-depth training on stowage requirements
- In-depth training on segregation requirements within a CTU
- In-depth training on the segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- In-depth training on the requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on the use of CTUs
- Training on incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- Training on the International Convention for SafContainers
- Training on dangerous goods in port areas
Is this Course For You ?
This IMDG Code Training is a great choice for you if you:
- Pack dangerous goods
- Mark, labels or placards goods
- Load/unload Cargo Transport Units
- Prepare transport documents for dangerous goods
- Offer dangerous goods for transport
- Accept dangerous goods for transport
- Handle dangerous goods in transport
- Prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage
- Plan Loads/unloads dangerous goods into/from ships
- Carry dangerous goods in transport
- Enforce or survey or inspect for compliance with applicable rules and regulations
Potential Career Path:
- Freight Forwarding Agent
- Customs Clearing Agent
- Forwarding Clerk
- Sole Agent
- Free Agent
- Cargo Handler
- Cargo Packer
- Customs official
Below is a summary of the 39-18 Amendments
Fees may be claimed from TETA against your Skills Levies (SDL) paid. Talk to your HR/SDF for more info on how to claim
(Incorporating Amendment 39-18)
The Code has undergone many changes over the years, in both format and content, in order to keep up with the rapid
expansion of the shipping industry.
Amendment 39-18 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific
substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at its ninety-ninth session in May 2018.
Amendment 39-18 of the Code is mandatory as from 1 January 2020 but may be applied by Administrations in whole
or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2019.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Code) contains sections on:
- general provisions, definitions and training
- packing and tank provisions
- consignment procedures
- construction and testing of packagings, IBCs, large packagings, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
- transport operations
Volume 2 contains part 3 (Dangerous Goods List, special provisions and exceptions), appendices A and B (generic and
N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names, and glossary of terms) and an index.
BUY THIS COURSE
Need more information?
Please fill in your details below to submit a course enquiry. Please tick yes if we should give you a call.
CLASSROOM & INHOUSE COURSE CALENDAR
Download our Calendar