Classroom Training – Customs Valuation, Duties and VAT Workshop
Looking to brush up on your Customs knowledge before taking the Customs Sufficient Knowledge test for the SARS preferred trader program? Learn how to use information contained in source documents to calculate an accurate value for customs purposes, as defined in the customs Act and calculate the duties payable and VAT. in terms of the formulae and principles contained in the harmonised tariff book.
Delivered over 1 Day from 08h30 – 15h30 by a Subject Matter expert
Including beverages and Lunch.
TETA endorsed certificate issued.
What will you Learn ?
- Identifying the point of valuation, currency and correct rates of exchange.
- Calculating the value for customs purposes as defined in the customs act.
- Calculating and converting multi lined values to South African Rand.
- Calculating added tax value and value for ad valorem purposes (schedule 1 part 2b of the Customs Act).
- Identifying and explaining the different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff.
- Calculating the duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
- Calculating the duty in terms of schedule two.
- Calculating the rebates in schedule three and four.
Recommended Learning Path
- International Trade Workshop
- Planning an Export Sales transaction Workshop
- Planning an Import Transaction
- Customs Legislation workshop
- Customs Valuation, Duties & VAT. Workshop
- Bond and Rebate Store Workshop
- SAD 500 Workshop
Potential Career Path:
CLASSROOM & INHOUSE COURSE CALENDAR
Download our Calendar