Generic Import Export Online Short Course
Generic Import Export Online Short Course Overview
Processes and procedures required for the administration of export transactions:
- Planning an export sales transaction.
- Arranging export logistics.
- Carrying out export finance and risk management functions.
- Exporting in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling export transactions.
Processes and procedures required for the administration of import transactions:
- Planning an import transaction.
- Carrying out an import landed costing.
- Applying for statutory approval.
- Preparing and distributing import orders.
- Arranging import forward exchange cover.
- Arranging transit insurance cover.
- Applying for letters of credit.
Handle cargo for import and export:
- Calculating volume of cargo for import and export.
- Packing cargo for import and export purposes.
- Identifying modes of transportation.
- Marking cargo for import and export purposes.
- Storing cargo for import and exportation purposes.
- Delivering cargo for import and export purposes.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of transportation insurance:
- Identifying the different products that a transportation insurance company offers
- Analysing the role of transportation insurance in international trade.
- Identifying events in the news that could impact on goods that are in transit.
Procedures in respect of lost, discrepant and damaged cargo:
- Initiating action in the event of loss or damage to cargo within carrier’s time bar limitations.
- Endorsing documentation for the purpose of preserving rights of claim.
- Communicating with affected parties.
- Initiating and finalising claim action.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
Apply knowledge of insurance to the transportation of a consignment of goods:
- Analysing the transportation risk in a selected consignment of goods.
- Describing different types of packaging and the associated risk.
- Analysing a transportation policy document and producing related documentation.
- Explaining why insurance on a consignment may be restricted in certain areas.
Generate invoices, credit notes and landed costings
- Gathering information to carry out processes.
- Generating the voucher by using the relevant information.
- Submitting work for checking and verification.