General Business Online Short Course
A business and determine the way it functions
- Typical departments in a business.
- Ways that the departments depend on each other.
- Different types of organisations and distinguish them from each other.
- The reasons why organisations are changing their structures.
- Listing the actual departments in a selected business.
- The difference between the actual departments and typical departments.
- How inter-departmental effectiveness can be improved.
- The relationship between oneself and others in the immediate environment.
The legal environment of a selected industry
- The statutory elements in the structure of an organisation in a selected business sector.
- The structure of an organisation within their own business sector .
- Regulation within your own business sector.
- Being able to Identify legislation that applies to their own business sector
- Describing the code of conduct and ethical issues.
- Adhering to a code of conduct applicable to their sector.
- Identifying and understanding the ethical issues in the organisation.
Provide Customer Service
- Present a positive image to customers.
- Respond to customers in an appropriate manner under varying circumstances.
- Provide additional information and promote products and services.
Identify causes of stress & techniques to manage it in the workplace
- Stress and its role in daily living.
- The different ways in which people react to stress.
- Identifying stressors in the workplace and their relationship to work performance.
- Identifying stressors related to home and the greater environment.
- Investigating techniques to manage stress in the workplace.