Freight Forwarding Online Short Course
The structure of the airfreight forwarding environment:
- The role of the freight forwarder in the airfreight environment.
- The reasons for using different airfreight services.
- The different equipment used for the handling and transportation of air freighted cargo.
- The operation of airports in the airfreight environment.
The structure of the surface freight forwarding environment:
- The roles played by those involved in international multimodal logistics operations.
- The infrastructure for the transport of internationally traded goods by surface.
- The equipment used to pack and transport goods by surface freight.
- The operation of ports and harbours in the surface freight environment.
Administration of freight forwarding & clearing operations:
- The functions carried out in an airfreight export, import and consolidation operation.
- The functions carried out by an over-border freight forwarding operation.
- The functions carried out in a surface freight operation.
- The clearing and compliance function in a forwarding operation.
- The typical support functions within a freight forwarding organisation.
- Marketing and sales in a freight forwarding organisation.
Basic invoicing and accounting principles:
- Items of expenditure and revenue.
- Fixed and variable costs.
- Invoicing operations and post amounts to the appropriate accounts.
- Reconcile and identify individual transactions with statements of accounts.
- Identify and disburse the items on behalf of the organisation to be recovered in the invoicing process.
The Customs and Excise Act:
- The rationale and scope of the current Customs and Excise Act.
- The functions, responsibilities and powers of the Department of Trade and Industry in relation to Customs and Excise.
- The key elements of the current Customs and Excise Act.
- The consequences of non-compliance with Customs legislation.