Global Trade Finance & Purchasing Online Short Course
Foreign exchange transactions in an international trading company
- Verifying foreign exchange transactions.
- Carrying out foreign exchange receipt and payment procedures.
- Reporting on foreign exchange transactions.
Gather information and report on client profitability
- The concept of profitability benchmarking.
- Handling rate structure alternatives to those engaged in securing new business and retaining existing business.
- Processing and reporting on actual vs. benchmark profitability results to affected parties.
Generate shipment cost estimates
- Determining cost criteria.
- Selecting routing structure.
- Calculating and communicating estimates.
Perform international purchasing functions
- Arranging a purchase order with an appointed supplier on receipt of requisitions.
- Following up and expedite international purchase orders.
- Initiating claims procedures in respect of goods that are received lost, damaged or discrepant.
Perform international trade calculations
- Using factorisation techniques for the purpose of allocating costs in international trade transactions involving a number of commodities.
- Applying percentage calculations in pricing negotiations, in order to determine their viability.
- Explaining and converting foreign currencies as part of landed and export costing calculations.
- Calculating interest on amounts owing and owed to the business for the purposes of cash flow management.
- Explaining and calculating landed and export costing using given variables.
- Performing break-even analysis.
- Performing cash flow analysis as part of international project management.
Secure freight forwarding business
- Demonstrating an understanding of the services offered by the company.
- Identifying potential sales targets.
- Quantifying and evaluating client needs.
- Formulating proposal to meet client requirements.
- Negotiating service offerings.
- Finalising service terms and conditions.
- Providing on-going support to clients.