Customs Online Short Course
Classify Commodities according to Customs Tariff
- The background to the harmonised system.
- Classifying commodities within the harmonised system from given information.
- The principles of mass, area and volume to determine factors in tariffed classification and statistical quantities. The operation of airports in the airfreight environment.
- The point of valuation, currency and correct rates of exchange.
- Calculating the value for customs purposes as defined in the Customs Act.
- Calculating and converting multi lined values to South African Rand.
- Calculating added tax value and value for ad valorem purposes (schedule 1 part 2b to the Customs and Act).
Duties on Tax Payable
- The different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff.
- The duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
- The duty in terms of schedule two.
- The rebates in schedule three and four.
Customs declarations and Carrier Release Documentation
- The provision of Prohibited and Restricted Goods Index, the Import and Export Control Act and the Customs and Excise Act.
- Transposing clearing information on to the Customs declaration.
- Completing the Customs declaration.
- Understanding ratified Customs declarations.
- Preparing and submit port/airport and carrier documentation.