Customs Clearing Online Short Course
Customs Clearing online Short Course Overview
See if you know it all and take this Quiz, by clicking here
This online course will prepare you for the upcoming South African Legislative changes in Customs as well as referencing the 1964 Legislation, Learn about our Legislation, how to navigate the legislation, How to classify products correctly according to the Harmonised system using the general Rules of Interpretation, Calculate Customs Values and duties payable, Calculate VAT , Complete the SAD 500 and initiate Carrier releases.
1: Describe and apply the Customs and Excise Act
Unit Standard:252416 Credits: 6
- Explaining and applying the rationale and scope of the current Customs and Excise Act.
- the functions, responsibilities and powers of the Departments Customs and Excise and of Trade and Industry.
- the key elements of the current Customs and Excise Act.
- the consequences of non-compliance with Customs legislation.
2: Classify Commodities according to Customs Tariff
Unit Standard: 252434 Credits: 8
- The background to the harmonised system.
- Classifying commodities within the harmonised system from given information.
- The principles of mass, area and volume to determine factors in tariffed classification and statistical quantities. The operation of airports in the airfreight environment.
3: Customs Values
Unit Standard: 252414 Credits: 7
- The point of valuation, currency and correct rates of exchange.
- Calculating the value for customs purposes as defined in the Customs Act.
- Calculating and converting multi lined values to South African Rand.
- Calculating added tax value and value for ad valorem purposes (schedule 1 part 2b to the Customs and Act).
4: Duties on Tax Payable
Unit Standard: 252421 Credits: 5
- The different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff.
- The duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
- The duty in terms of schedule two.
- The rebates in schedule three and four.
5: Customs declarations and Carrier Release Documentation
Unit Standard: 252425 Credits: 8
- The provision of Prohibited and Restricted Goods Index, the Import and Export Control Act and the Customs and Excise Act.
- Transposing clearing information on to the Customs declaration.
- Completing the Customs declaration.
- Understanding ratified Customs declarations.
- Preparing and submit port/airport and carrier documentation.