Cargo Insurance Online Short Course
Comply with procedures in respect of lost, discrepant and damaged cargo
- Initiating action in the event of loss or damage to cargo within carrier’s time bar limitations.
- Endorsing documentation for the purpose of preserving rights of claim.
- Communicating with affected parties.
- Initiating and finalising claim action.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
Insurance for the transportation of a consignment of goods
- The transportation risk in a selected consignment of goods.
- Different types of packaging and the associated risk.
- Analysing a transportation policy document and producing related documentation.
- Why insurance on a consignment may be restricted in certain areas.
The law of contract for insurance
- Law of contract as applied in insurance.
- The application of legal capacity in an insurance contract.
- The basic principles required for an insurance contract to be legally binding.
- Evaluating a proposed insurance contract.
Insurance of goods in transit
- Determining the transit risks and advising accordingly.
- Arranging appropriate transit insurance for international cargo.
- Administering transit insurance on behalf of cargo owner.
- Administering insurance claims procedures.
The scope of transportation insurance
- The impact of different types of transport on transportation risk.
- The perils in transportation insurance.
- The inherent qualities of cargo and the associated risks.
- Transportation cover.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of transportation insurance
- The basics of transportation insurance.
- The different products that a transportation insurance company offers.
- The role of transportation insurance in international trade.
- Identifying events in the news that could impact on goods that are in transit.
The basics of marine insurance
- The basics of Marine Insurance.
- The practice of marine insurance.
- The basics of Insurance Claims.