BILLS OF ENTRY AND CARRIER RELEASE DOCUMENTATION SHORT COURSE
This course will provide the learner with an overview of Customs Procedures and an in depth understanding and correct completion bills of entry and carrier release documentation
What will you Learn ?
- The functions of source documents in the Customs SAD clearance process.
- Bills of Entry.
- Commodity description literature.
- Importer’s indent/ purchase order.
- Importer’s clearing instruction.
- Covering Statement.
- Transport documents.
- Commercial invoices.
- Packing lists
- Government required certificates
- Permits and authorities
- Certificates of origin
- Basic structure and functions of Customs and Excise Department, including communications with the Department.
- Overview of the structure of the Customs Act, including the Rules and Schedules.
- Overview of the provisions of the Customs Act and Rules regarding
- The powers of officers
- Storage, Rebate, Drawback and State Warehouse
- Removals in Bond and in Transit
- The penal provisions of the Customs Act.
- Role of the clearing agent with regards to Customs Clearance and liabilities under the Customs Act and rules.