Airfreight Online Short Course
Airfreight shipments for export
- Receiving airfreight shipments for export.
- Matching airfreight equipment to cargo requirements.
- Preparing airfreight documentation.
- Dispatch airfreight cargo.
Security in the Airfreight environment
- The threat to cargo security in civil aviation.
- The roles of the state and other security organisations in airfreight.
- The cargo security requirements of aircraft operators.
- the functions of access control and cargo screening.
Airfreight clearance and delivery
- Tracking and tracing airfreight imports.
- Initiating and monitoring the flow of documentation.
- Controlling airfreight import procedures.
Calculate cost of airfreighting goods
- The concepts airfreight costing..
- The different airfreight tariffs.
- Verifying and communicating airfreight costs.
The distribution of small to medium sized consignments door-to-door
- Establishing appropriate routing for a consignment.
- Selecting and completing correct documentation for consignments.
- Labelling consolidation of a consignment.
- Lodging courier material with third party carriers and agents.
Identify, pack, mark and label dangerous goods for transportation by air
- Identifying dangerous goods for transportation by air.
- Identifying and applying packaging requirements for the transportation of dangerous goods by air.
- Identifying and applying the marking and labelling of dangerous goods for transportation by air.
Accept and process dangerous goods for transportation by air
- The philosophy underpinning the carriage of dangerous goods by air.
- The limitations associated with the carriage of dangerous goods by air.
- The classification of dangerous goods when accepting and processing dangerous goods for transportation by air.
- Compiling and verifying documentation.