SAD 500 Training
This SAD 500 Training course will provide the learner with an overview of Customs Procedures and an in depth understanding and correct completion the SAD 500 document. is a great choice for you if:
You Are Planning to Export or Import goods yourself.
You are working in the freight forwarding industry and need to Bolster Your Fundamental understanding.
Potential Career Path:
Freight Forwarding Clerk
Customs Clearing Clerk
Freight Forwarding Agent
Customs Clearing Agent
What will you Learn in this SAD 500 course ?
• The functions of source documents in the Customs SAD clearance process.
• Bills of Entry.
• Commodity description literature.
• Importer’s indent/ purchase order.
• Importer’s clearing instruction.
• Covering Statement.
• Transport documents.
• Commercial invoices.
• Packing lists
• Government required certificates
• Permits and authorities
• Certificates of origin
• Basic structure and functions of Customs and Excise Department, including communications with the Department.
• Overview of the structure of the Customs Act, including the Rules and Schedules.
• Overview of the provisions of the Customs Act and Rules regarding
• The powers of officers
• Storage, Rebate, Drawback and State Warehouse
• Removals in Bond and in Transit
• The penal provisions of the Customs Act.
• Role of the clearing agent with regards to Customs Clearance and liabilities under the Customs Act and rules.
Assessments are not included in Workshops, if you wish to be assessed on this unit standard (252425) in order to obtain 8 credits toward the National Certificate in Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance NQF3, there is an additional charge of R550 Including VAT.
Fees may be claimed from TETA against your Skills Levies paid. Talk to your HR/SDF for more info on how to claim.