Planning an Import Transaction Workshop
This fundamental workshop will teach you how to determine material needs and analyse overseas supply contracts in order to recommend alternative methods of shipment to the client, determine tariffs and costing estimates for clients and to submit applications regarding import control to the relevant parties, compile import orders and distribute these timeously to all the role-players, communicate foreign exchange commitments to affected parties and obtain approval for forward cover where required, effect the relevant transit insurance and compile and submit relative letters of credit.
Please choose under tickets on the left if you wish to include additional assessments for certificates of Competency and choose your venue by adding to the Shopping Cart.
What will you Learn ?
- Planning an import transaction.
- Analyse overseas supply contracts
- Recommending alternative methods of shipment
- Calculate an import landed costing (basics)
- Use transaction parameters and tariffs to calculate costing estimates
- Submission of applications for import controls
- Monitoring applications
- Prepare an import order
- Communication procedures
- The Communication parties explained, supplier, forwarder, clearing agent, bank and insurer
- Arranging transit insurance
- Processing Import insurance claims
- Arranging import Forward exchange cover
- Statutory Bodies explained, Customs, health, veterinary, security, nature conservation, safety, quality and import and export control.
- Apply for a Documentary Credit (L/C)
- Payment initiation Procedure
- International Payment methods explained
Delivered over 1 Day from 08h30 – 15h30 by a Subject Matter expert
Including beverages and Lunch.
TETA endorsed certificate issued.