This Customs Clearing course covers all the bases when it comes to customs clearing and will prepare you for framing entries, Calculating Duties and VAT, Valuation, Different Customs and Excise Warehouses to selecting the right tariff heading to avoid costly penalties, Learn about the difference between the Old Customs Act and The New and more ..
Delivered over 5 Days, from 08h30 – 15h30 by a Subject Matter Expert
Including beverages and a light Lunch.
TETA endorsed certificate issued.
Included Course Assessment: Unit Standard 252434 (8 Credits) Completed Online
Please choose under tickets on the left if you wish to include additional assessments for certificates of Competency and choose your venue by adding to the Shopping Cart.
What will you Learn?
Day One – *Customs Legislation 2014: US 252416
· The rationale and scope of the New Customs and Excise Act.
· Explain the functions, responsibilities and powers of the Departments involved in Customs and Excise Customs and the DTI
· Explain the key elements of the current New Customs and Excise Act.
· Explain the consequences of non-compliance.
Day Two – Tariff Classification: US 252434
· Learn to Classify Commodities logically according to the Harmonised System.
Day Three – *Calculate Duties and VAT and Valuation: US 252414 & 252421
· Covering the different types of duties payable on commodities from the harmonised classification in the South African tariff. Currency, Rates of Exchange, point of Valuation. Calculate Value. Calculate and Covert Multi Lined Values. Calculate VAT and Ad Valorem Value
· Calculate the duty payable in terms of the first schedule of the harmonised tariff.
· Calculate the duty in terms of schedule two.
· Calculate the rebates in schedule three and four
Day Four – Bond and Rebate Stores, Customs and Excise Warehouses:
· Covering the Purpose, License, Registration , Building requirements, record keeping and Removal , from bond stores and More
Day Five – *Complete the Customs declaration SAD 500 US 252425
· Provisions of Prohibited goods, Transpose clearing information on the SAD 500 Prepare and submit port/airport carrier release documentation.